In this week’s Weekly Vlog, I mentioned that our dream house had been taken off the website. I was checking the website every day in a hope it would still be there when I receive my work contract. We would have moved in next August so it would have been ideal. Unfortunately because I haven’t got a work contract yet we weren’t able to get the financial backing to secure the deal. I then got a phone call yesterday saying because we are on the waiting list we get priority for the next same style house. They are ready to sell the next phase! Already! But I still don’t have a contract as I don’t start until the end of the month! This phone call was for our house to be ready in December. So since we can’t do that, the next one would be moving in January. It’s April now, January is just too far away. Renting would be a waste of money for all those months and I can’t expect my parents (even though they would) to put both me and Simon up ’til then, it’s a long time.
Something we are thinking about now is going for a smaller, cheaper house than the dream house. One that’s ready to move into in July/August. It’s not the dream house but at least we’d finally have our own house. We were thinking maybe we only stay there a few years and then when the rest of the development is complete we move into a bigger house. This house would be bigger than the Dream one I keep talking about and it would be one we would stay in forever.
Part of me just thinks yes let’s just go for the smaller cheaper one so we can move in ASAP but then I think about that bedroom in our dream home. It’s so hard to know what to do. My head tells me it makes sense to just go for the smaller one but my heart well and truly loves that dream home. Adulting is hard.